Environmental Policy StatementService is our Business, Quality is our Guarantee
CWSL is committed to environmental leadership in all of its business activities. We are committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimizes our potential impact on the environment. We will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do. We are committed to do and will:
- Be an environmentally responsible neighbour in the community where we operate;
- Comply with all legal requirements, regulations and standards of Trinidad and Tobago;
- Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities;
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees;
- Train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work;
- Reduce waste through re-use and recycling;
- Promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facility including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable;
- Avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, when such materials must be used, stored excess and disposed of properly.
- Where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programs;
- Regularly communicate our environmental program to our clients, customers and the public and encourage and cooperate with them to meet requirements;
- Strive to continually improve our environmental performance
This Policy shall be reviewed periodically to ensure ongoing suitability. It is critical to our business success because it allows us to systematically manage our HSSE commitments and add value for all our stakeholders.