Occupational Health and Safety Policy StatementCaribbean Welding Supplies Limited (CWSL) is in the business of providing technologies and solutions that allow our clients to meet their business needs. It is our goal to conduct operations in a manner that safeguards the health and safety of all while preserving the natural environment.
Senior management is committed and held accountable for the successful fulfilment of this goal. Every employee of CWSL is obligated to co-operate, work safely and act responsibly to prevent injury to themselves or to others and to protect the environment.
CWSL shall endeavour to:
- Identify and evaluate all HSSE hazards and the management of the related risks to acceptable levels decided by the organization
- Provide proper working conditions, equipment and safe handling and transport of harmful substances
- Maintain safe and healthy working condition and provide a safe system of work
- Meet or where possible exceed all applicable legal, regulatory and industry HSSE requirements
- Prevent injuries, ill-health and environmental pollution by controlling risk to an acceptable level
- Properly address emergency situations and establish arrangements for reporting incidents & accidents
- Ensure that all employees are adequately trained and competent to do their tasks
- Engage all stakeholders in HSSE communication and consultation thus encouraging participation by all
This Policy shall be reviewed periodically to ensure ongoing suitability. It is critical to our business success because it allows us to systematically manage our HSSE commitments and add value for all our stakeholders.